Pork Chops with Bell Peppers and Onions
- 1 lb boneless or 2 lb bone-in
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion sliced into rings
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove and keep the skillet warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add garlic, onion, and bell peppers. Cook until just tender.
- Stir in the vinegar and oregano and season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Return chops to skillet and cover with the vegetables.
- Place a lid of the skillet and simmer until the vegetables are soft and the chops are tender. About 15 minutes
- Stir in olives before serving.