Spicy Indian Curry Paste
- 10 cardamom pods
- 2 and 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp black pepper corns
- 2 dried small hot red chilies
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
This is a spicy curry paste that has a wide range of uses with chicken, seafood, beef, pork or vegetables.
- Lightly crush the cardamom pods with the flat side of a heavy knife.
- Remove the seeds, discarding the pods.
- Place the seeds along with the remaining ingredients in a food processor and process into a smooth paste.
- If paste is too thick add a little water.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Will keep for several weeks refrigerated.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.