Spicy Indian Curry Paste
|10 cardamom pods|
|2 and 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger|
|4 garlic cloves, chopped|
|2 tsp black pepper corns|
|2 dried small hot red chilies|
|1 cinnamon stick|
|1 medium onion, finely sliced|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tsp ground turmeric|
|1 tsp garam masala|
This is a spicy curry paste that has a wide range of uses with chicken, seafood, beef, pork or vegetables.
- Lightly crush the cardamom pods with the flat side of a heavy knife.
- Remove the seeds, discarding the pods.
- Place the seeds along with the remaining ingredients in a food processor and process into a smooth paste.
- If paste is too thick add a little water.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Will keep for several weeks refrigerated.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.