Caribbean Beef Salad
- 1 (10 oz) package of couscous
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 lb boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin bite sized strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 (8 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained, liquid reserved
- 3 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 papaya, peeled seeded and sliced
- lettuce leaves for serving
- Small handful of fresh soy beans
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef, onion, cinnamon and allspice and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until beef is cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove skillet from heat, cover and set aside.
- Add the reserved pineapple liquid and vinegar to cooked couscous and cool for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To serve, line serving platter with lettuce.
- Spoon couscous mixture onto lettuce and top with the beef, pineapple and papaya.