Caribbean Beef Salad
|1 (10 oz) package of couscous|
|1 tbs oil|
|1 lb boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin bite sized strips|
|1 medium red onion, sliced|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp allspice|
|1 (8 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained, liquid reserved|
|3 tbs cider vinegar|
|1 papaya, peeled seeded and sliced|
|lettuce leaves for serving|
|Small handful of fresh soy beans|
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef, onion, cinnamon and allspice and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until beef is cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove skillet from heat, cover and set aside.
- Add the reserved pineapple liquid and vinegar to cooked couscous and cool for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To serve, line serving platter with lettuce.
- Spoon couscous mixture onto lettuce and top with the beef, pineapple and papaya.