Chicken Meatball Curry
|1 lb ground chicken breast|
|1 lb ground chicken thighs|
|1/2 small onion|
|1/4 cup bread crumbs|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tsp each of cayenne, turmeric, ginger powder, paprika, oregano|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 tbs vegetable or canola oil|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 tsp hot or mild curry powder|
|1 and 1/2 cups chicken stock|
|3/4 cup light cream|
- Add the chicken to a food processor and pulse to coarse chop the chicken.
- Add the onion, bread crumbs, egg, seasonings and garlic, then process into a fine mix.
- Remove and shape the meat into small balls.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the meat balls all over,
- Drain all oil and add the meatballs to a oven proof casserole dish.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan, add the flour and curry powder and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock and the cream and simmer for about 5 minutes. Do not allow to boil.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, cover the dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve over rice or with potatoes.