Citrus Pork Salad
|3 cups spiral pasta or rigatoni|
|1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|2 oranges, peeled and cut into pieces|
|2 grapefruit, peeled, seeded and cut into pieces|
|1/4 cup scallions, cut on the bias|
|1 tsp grated orange peel|
|1/2 cup orange juice|
|1/4 cup salad oil|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp dried tarragon leaves|
|1/4 lb broccoli florets, optioonal|
- Cook the spiral pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork slices with salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and blend well.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, oranges, grapefruit and onions.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to mix.
- Spoon salad onto a serving platter and top with the pork slices.