- 1/2 lb backfin crab meat
- 1/4 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, white and green parts minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 30 (2 inch) wonton skins
- oil for deep frying
Crab Rangoon is a crispy fried wonton filled with cream cheese, crab and Asian spices.
- In a large bowl add the crab meat, cream cheese, garlic, scallions, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Gently combine well.
- To make the wontons add about 2 tsp of the mixture in the center of each wrapper. Using a pastry brush lightly wet the edges of each wrapper and close into a triangle, seal well making sure all air is removed.
- Fill a large saucepan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- When oil is hot fry the wontons in batches for about 1-2 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauces.