Honey Ginger Chicken
|4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|6 quarter sized pieces of ginger, flattened|
|1/2 cup shallots, minced|
|1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg|
|1/2 cup honey|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|1/2 tsp ground roasted sichuan peppercorns|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|1 tbs toasted sesame seeds|
This is an Asian inspired recipe that is sweet and spicy.
- In a heavy large skillet, melt the butter and saute the ginger, onion and nutmeg over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl mix the honey, soy sauce and pepper together.
- In the same skillet, saute the chicken on medium heat for 2 minutes per side.
- Add the honey mixture and simmer for about 3 minutes, basting often.
- Turn the breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and keep warm in a 225 degree oven. Discard the ginger.
- Add the sherry to the sauce and simmer on medium high heat for 2 minutes to make a glaze, stirring constantly. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Slice the chicken diagonally, 1/2 inch thick.
- Overlap the slices on a war plate and spoon sauce over, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with steamed rice and snow peas if desired.