Indian Spiced Smoked Chicken
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1/2 cup plain yogurt|
|2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp tumeric|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp ground black pepper|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1 lemon cut into 4 wedges|
This is a spicy dish flavored with Indian spices, smoked over hickory wood.
- Start a charcoal fire.
- Pound the chicken to 1/4 inch thick between dampened plastic wrap.
- Mix the yogurt, paprika, cumin, tumeric, coriander, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper and mix well
- In a shallow glass baking dish coat the chicken with the yogurt mixture.
- Let marinate for at least 3 hours and up to 8.
- Add a few wood chunks to the grill and place the marinated chicken over the coals.
- Close the grill and let the chicken smoke for about 10 minutes per side.
- Slice the chicken on the bias and serve with lemon wedges.