Loaded Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup each, diced celery, carrots, onion, potatoes, parsnips
- 1 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups vegetable or beef broth
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1-2 bay leafs
- 1 cup green peas, small broccoli florets, chopped zucchini, green beans or any combination of these
This soup is thick with vegetables and a good choice for a soup and sandwich meal.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan and add the diced vegetables.
- Cook over low heat for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage and 2 tbs parsley.
- Add the vinegar, tomato paste, water and broth.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and season with salt and pepper to taste,
- Add the marjoram, rosemary and bay leaf and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining green vegetables and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining parsley.