|1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips|
|3 tbs dry sherry|
|2/3 cup chicken stock|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs corn starch|
|3 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 and 1/2 cups snow peas|
|1/4 lb button mushrooms|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 cup celery, thinly sliced on a bias|
|1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced|
|3/4 cup walnut pieces, optional|
|kosher salt and black or white pepper to taste|
- Toss the chicken with the sherry and let marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Blend the chicken stock, soy sauce and cornstarch together in a mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a wok or large saute pan and add the chicken, stir frying until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken, add the remaining oil and add the garlic and vegetables and stir fry fro 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add back the chicken to the pan and add the broth mixture and simmer for 2-3 minutes,
- Stir in the walnuts if using and serve with steamed rice.