Papaya and Scallop Salad
|1 lb bay scallops|
|1/2 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/2 tsp grated lime zest|
|1/4 cup lime juice|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cubed (1 cup)|
|4 bibb or butter lettuce leaves, optional|
|kosher salt to taste|
|1 carrot, cut into thin strips|
|1 small red onion, cut into thin strips|
- In a skillet bring the broth to boil, add the scallops, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Drain and set scallops aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cilantro, sugar, lime zest and oil, blend well.
- Add the scallops and papaya and mix well.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves on individual plates and evenly spoon salad atop leaves.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.