Papaya and Scallop Salad
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cubed (1 cup)
- 4 bibb or butter lettuce leaves, optional
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin strips
- In a skillet bring the broth to boil, add the scallops, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Drain and set scallops aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cilantro, sugar, lime zest and oil, blend well.
- Add the scallops and papaya and mix well.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves on individual plates and evenly spoon salad atop leaves.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.