|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|6-8 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 (14 oz) cans crushed tomatoes, un-drained|
|1 tsp crushed red pepper|
|1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped|
|1/4 cup capers, drained|
|2 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbs fresh thyme, crushed|
|2 tsp dried oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 lbs pasta, cooked according to package directions|
|freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving|
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then stir in the crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the olives, capers, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.