Salmon Nicoise Salad
|8 small red potatoes, cut into wedges, about 1 lb|
|2 cups green beans, trimmed and cooked|
|1 lb wild salmon filet|
|1 (10 oz) package of mixed salad greens|
|1/2 cup pitted ripe olives|
|1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup champagne vinegar|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
- Cook green beans in boiling water for about 4 minutes, drain and cool.
- Add potatoes to boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender. Drain, cool, then cut into wedges.
- Refrigerate potatoes and green beans for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour, covered.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper
- Grill salmon on a gas or charcoal grill, skin side down for 4-6 minutes.
- Cover grill and cook for about 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove skin from fish, then break into large pieces.
- To serve, arrange salad greens on individual plates.
- Arrange cooked potatoes, green beans, salmon, olives, onion and lemon wedges on salad greens.
- In a small bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients, blend well, then drizzle over salad.