Wild Salmon Cakes
|2 lbs wild salmon fillets|
|1/2 cup panko bread crumbs|
|1/3 cup chopped parsley|
|4 scallions, chopped|
|1 yellow or orange pepper, minced|
|4 tbs olive oil|
|Black olives for garnish|
|Lemon slices for garnish|
|Lettuce leaves for serving|
This recipe uses fresh wild salmon instead of canned salmon. The taste difference is incredible.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the salmon to a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake the fillets for 30-40 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add the salmon to a large bowl and break up with your fingers.
- Add the bread crumbs, parsley, scallions, bell pepper and eggs to the bowl and mix well.
- Form the salmon mixture into 8 equal patties, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before cooking.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a hot skillet and when hot cook the salmon cakes in batches, turning once until golden on both sides.