Brussels Sprouts with Maple Bacon and Shallots
- 2 lbs fresh Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 lb maple bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup shallots, diced
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shaved
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Blanch the brussels sprouts in boiling water until tender. About 4-8 minutes, depending on their size.
- Cool in ice water and drain well.
- Cook the bacon until browned.
- Add the shallots once the bacon is done and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Drain off all but 1-2 tbs of the bacon grease and return to the heat.
- Add the brussels sprouts,salt and pepper to the pan and saute.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with cheese.