Brussels Sprouts with Maple Bacon and Shallots
|2 lbs fresh Brussel sprouts|
|1/2 lb maple bacon, cooked and diced|
|1/4 cup shallots, diced|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shaved|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Blanch the brussels sprouts in boiling water until tender. About 4-8 minutes, depending on their size.
- Cool in ice water and drain well.
- Cook the bacon until browned.
- Add the shallots once the bacon is done and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Drain off all but 1-2 tbs of the bacon grease and return to the heat.
- Add the brussels sprouts,salt and pepper to the pan and saute.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with cheese.