Clams with Fermented Black Beans
- 2 dozen little neck clams
- 2 tbs peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs fermented black beans, rinsed (Available at Asian Markets)
- 4-5 scallions, sliced on a bias, white and green parts
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- Assemble all ingredients and be ready to go as this dish cooks quickly.
- Add some oil to a hot wok or frying pan, then add the garlic and ginger. Stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the clams in the shell and toss the in the oil.
- Cover and allow them to steam until opened. 2-4 minutes.
- Once the clams have opened add the fermented beans, sherry and sliced scallions.
- Toss to evenly combine.