Clams with Fermented Black Beans
|2 dozen little neck clams|
|2 tbs peanut or vegetable oil|
|1/2 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fermented black beans, rinsed (Available at Asian Markets)|
|4-5 scallions, sliced on a bias, white and green parts|
|4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
- Assemble all ingredients and be ready to go as this dish cooks quickly.
- Add some oil to a hot wok or frying pan, then add the garlic and ginger. Stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the clams in the shell and toss the in the oil.
- Cover and allow them to steam until opened. 2-4 minutes.
- Once the clams have opened add the fermented beans, sherry and sliced scallions.
- Toss to evenly combine.