Fudge Nut Cake
|3 sticks unsalted butter,melted then cooled|
|2 1/2 cups sugar|
|1 tbs pure vanilla extract|
|6 large eggs|
|1 tbs instant coffee crystals|
|1 1/2 cups flour|
|1 cup cocoa powder|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts|
This is delicious fudgy and dense cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time whisking after each addition.
- Stir in the coffee crystals.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting.