Fudge Nut Cake
- 3 sticks unsalted butter,melted then cooled
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbs instant coffee crystals
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
This is delicious fudgy and dense cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time whisking after each addition.
- Stir in the coffee crystals.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting.