Sausage and Sage Stuffing with Cranberries
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbs rubbed sage
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 loaves day old bread, torn into pieces
- 1/2 lb whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, brown the pork and drain.
- To the same pan add the onions and celery and saute until soft.
- Place the pork in a stock pot, add the bay leafs, sage, cracked black pepper and butter.
- Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the bread pieces in a large mixing bowl along with the celery and onions and pour the pork mixture over the bread and lightly stir to incorporate.
- Mix in the cranberry sauce.
- Bake in a large un-greased casserole dish at 325 for 1 hour, until golden brown.