Sausage and Sage Stuffing with Cranberries
|1 lb ground pork|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|2 bay leaves|
|1 tbs rubbed sage|
|2 sticks unsalted butter|
|3 loaves day old bread, torn into pieces|
|1/2 lb whole berry cranberry sauce|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, brown the pork and drain.
- To the same pan add the onions and celery and saute until soft.
- Place the pork in a stock pot, add the bay leafs, sage, cracked black pepper and butter.
- Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the bread pieces in a large mixing bowl along with the celery and onions and pour the pork mixture over the bread and lightly stir to incorporate.
- Mix in the cranberry sauce.
- Bake in a large un-greased casserole dish at 325 for 1 hour, until golden brown.