Striped Bass with Soy Ginger Vegetable Medley
|4 ears corn,shucked|
|2 orange bell peppers,cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 pint grape tomatoes,halved|
|3 garlic cloves,thinly sliced|
|1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on a bias|
|3/4 cup soy ginger dressing, available at Asian markets|
|8 striped bass filets, about 4 oz each|
- Heat a grill to medium high.
- Scrape the corn kernels from the cob using a sharp knife.
- Lightly score the skin on the fish which will prevent it from curling.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the corn, bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic, scallions and 1/2 cup of the soy ginger dressing.
- Add the vegetable mixture to a square sheet of aluminum foil large enough to fold into a sealed packet. You may have to use 2 sheets of foil to make 2 packets.
- Cook the packets on the grill for about 8 minutes without opening.
- Heat two tbs of the soy dressing in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat until sizzling.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on all sides and sear, skin side down, until browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes more.
- Serve the fish atop of the vegetables.