|3 tbs white wine|
|1 tbs dried tarragon leaves|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
|3 egg yolks|
|1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped|
This is a classical sauce that is especially good draped over chicken or seafood.
- Combine the wine tarragon and lemon juice in a small sauce pan.
- Using high heat reduce to 2 tbs, then strain.
- In another small sauce pan, melt the butter and heat to almost boiling.
- In a blender or food processor, process the egg yolks until blended.
- With machine running, add the butter in a thin stream.
- With the machine on slow, add the reduce wine mixture and process just until blended.
- Place in a serving bowl and stir in the fresh tarragon.