Brown Sugar and Bourbon Salmon
- 1 skinless wild salmon fillet ( 2-3 lbs)
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup scallions, white and green parts, sliced on a bias
- 2 tsp sesame oil rice for serving
This recipe may be prepared in the oven but we think it is much better prepared over hot charcoal.
- Preheat and oven to 425 degrees or alternatively create a hot charcoal fire.
- To prepare marinade in a glass baking dish, add the bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and scallions. Mix well.
- Add the salmon and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate for 30-45 minutes
- If baking, remove salmon from marinade and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- If cooking over coals, cook over a hot fire for about 8 minutes per side ( for salmon that is 1 inch thick).
- Serve with rice and vegetables.