Brown Sugar and Bourbon Salmon
|1 skinless wild salmon fillet ( 2-3 lbs)|
|1/2 cup bourbon|
|1/4 cup light brown sugar|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed|
|1/2 cup scallions, white and green parts, sliced on a bias|
|2 tsp sesame oil rice for serving|
This recipe may be prepared in the oven but we think it is much better prepared over hot charcoal.
- Preheat and oven to 425 degrees or alternatively create a hot charcoal fire.
- To prepare marinade in a glass baking dish, add the bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and scallions. Mix well.
- Add the salmon and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate for 30-45 minutes
- If baking, remove salmon from marinade and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- If cooking over coals, cook over a hot fire for about 8 minutes per side ( for salmon that is 1 inch thick).
- Serve with rice and vegetables.