French Gruyere Cheese Omelet
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/2 tsp chives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 6 tbs Gruyere cheese
- 1 tbs clarified butter
This is a classic French omelet that is delicious and sure to become one of your favorites.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and parsley.
- Whisk for a few minutes or until the mixture is foamy and bubbly.
- Heat a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium low heat, then add the clarified butter.
- Once the butter is hot, give the eggs another few whisks and pour them into the pan.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the eggs constantly while jerking the pan back and forth with your other hand.
- Cook the eggs very slowly, continuing to stir and scraping down the sides of the pan with the spatula periodically.
- Once the eggs are mostly set but still runny and wet on top, smooth them evenly across the pan and sprinkle them with salt and the Gruyere cheese.
- Turn off the heat, and cover the pan for a few seconds to barely melt the cheese.
- Tilt the pan toward a plate and use the spatula to fold the outside (higher) edge of the omelet over the center, using gravity to encourage the omelet to continue to roll and fold over.
- Garnish with chives and serve.