Greek Lamb Burgers
|1 and 1/4 cups Greek yogurt|
|1 cucumber, seeded and diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp fresh dill weed or 2 tsp dried|
|2 lbs ground lamb|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|2 tbs Greek seasoning or Oregano|
|1/2 lb crumbled feta cheese|
- For the sauce, at least 30 minutes before making the burgers, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- For the burgers, place the eat in a bowl and add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and Greek seasoning and mix well.
- Form 6-8 patties and grill or cook in a frying pan using medium heat.
- Flip the burgers after about 4 minutes and cook until desired doneness is reached.
- Top each burger with feta cheese, cover pan and allow feta to melt slightly.
- Serve on buns with a dollop of Tzatziki sauce and garnishes of choice.