- 2 lbs fresh thick asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved
This a super simple but delicious way to prepare asparagus. They are simply marinated in olive oil and garlic and topped with fresh shaved Parmesan cheese.
- To trim the asparagus, break off the tough end, then very carefully, using a vegetable peeler, trim the asparagus on all sides.
- Place the asparagus in a large zip lock bag, then add all of the marinade ingredients and marinate for about 2 hours refrigerated, turning once.
- Grill over hot charcoal or a gas grill, turning frequently until crispy tender, About 8 minutes.
- Top the asparagus with shaved Parmesan and any garnishes desired.