Grilled Top Round Steak
- 1 lb top round steak, about 3/4 inches thick, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh thyme
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
This is a wonderful way to use the less expensive cut of top round. It is marinated overnight in spices and vinegar, then grilled over hot coals.
- Add all marinade ingredients to a large zip lock bag, seal and shake well to combine.
- Add the steak pieces to the bag and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grill over hot coals, turning once until desired doneness. 145 degrees is medium rare.