Mediterranean Beef Pitas
- 1 lb beef round tip steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tbs lemon pepper
- 4 pita breads, cut crosswise in half
- 3/4 cup plain or seasoned hummus
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Oregano 3 tsp
- Sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and Greek yogurt.
- Stack beef steaks and cut crosswise into 1 inch wide strips.
- Combine beef and lemon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat a large not stick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add 1/2 half of beef and stir fry for 1-3 minutes or until outside surface of the beef is no longer pink. Do not over cook.
- Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill pita pockets with equal amounts of steak, and toppings as desired and top with Greek yogurt.