Mushroom Cheese Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 and 1/4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 and 1/2 cups half and half 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
This is a super simple sauce that is delicious draped over chicken or beef.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in the broth and cream, reduce heat and simmer, stirring until thickened.
- Stir in the cheese and simmer for 2 more minutes.