|2 tbs kosher salt|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|4 cups zucchini, cut into rounds|
|2 yellow onions, coarsely chopped|
|1 green pepper, cut into pieces|
|4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded, cut into pieces|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh basil, cut into ribbons|
|1 tsp coriander, ground|
This is a classic French dish using eggplant, onions, zucchini, green pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2 by 1/2 inch squares and toss with the 2 tbs of salt.
- Place in a colander, and allow to drain for about 1/2 hour.
- In about 1/4 cup of olive oil saute the zucchini for 5 minutes, then add the onions and green pepper and cook for another 10 minutes or so.
- In another pan saute the eggplant in a little olive oil for about 15 minutes,
- Remove from the pan, then add the tomatoes and saute for a few minutes.
- Place all the vegetables in a large sauce pan, then add the salt pepper and coriander.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on the stove top using low heat.
- When finished cooking add the basil and gently combine.