- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups zucchini, cut into rounds
- 2 yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into pieces
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded, cut into pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
This is a classic French dish using eggplant, onions, zucchini, green pepper and tomatoes.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2 by 1/2 inch squares and toss with the 2 tbs of salt.
- Place in a colander, and allow to drain for about 1/2 hour.
- In about 1/4 cup of olive oil saute the zucchini for 5 minutes, then add the onions and green pepper and cook for another 10 minutes or so.
- In another pan saute the eggplant in a little olive oil for about 15 minutes,
- Remove from the pan, then add the tomatoes and saute for a few minutes.
- Place all the vegetables in a large sauce pan, then add the salt pepper and coriander.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on the stove top using low heat.
- When finished cooking add the basil and gently combine.