Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese
|1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese|
|2 cups sliced button mushrooms|
|1/2 cup scallions, chopped|
|1/2 lb of spiral pasta, cooked|
|1 pint of sour cream|
|1 tbs curry powder|
|1 tbs onion powder|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|6 tbs butter|
Cheddar and shrimp is an unusual combination. You will be surprised that they work perfectly together. 4 servings.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in the butter for about 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and onion powder and stir.
- Add the scallions, lemon juice, sour cream and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Stir to mix.
- Add the macaroni to a large casserole dish then pour over the mushroom and cheese mixture. Gently mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.