Spicy Cajun Fried Wings
|3 lbs chicken wings, halved|
|2 cups bread crumbs|
|2 tsp oregano|
|2 tsp basil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 tsp white pepper|
|1/4 cup milk|
|4 cups vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup flour|
- Wash and dry the chicken wings and cut into two pieces at the joint.
- Add the herbs and spices into the bread crumbs and mix well.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and milk together.
- In another bowl add the flour.
- Dip each wing piece into the flour, knocking off excess, then into the egg wash, then roll in the seasoned bread crumbs.
- In a sauce pan or a deep fryer, heat the oil to 360 degrees.
- When the oil is hot, fry the wings in small batches until golden and crispy. About 8-10 minutes.