Wonderful Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- 1 pound of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 pound of dried cranberries
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbs grated orange zest
Cranberry sauce is a real Thanksgiving classic. Real cranberry sauce can be made in about 15 minutes start to finish and the finished product will astound you. The addition of dried cranberries really makes this recipe. After cooking the dried cranberries they plump up and give the sauce a deep incredible flavor. We make turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving, topped with cornbread stuffing and this homemade cranberry sauce. We can hardly wait. This recipe makes about 4 cups. You may double or triple it for a larger crowd.
- Add all ingredients to a large sauce pan and cook on medium heat stirring frequently until the cranberries pop open and the mixture had thickened.
- Let cool then refrigerate.