Butter Poached Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb extra large shrimp, legs removed, shell on
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tbs black pepper
- 2 cups fish stock or water
- Remove the legs from the shrimp and discard.
- In a large sauce pan add the water or fish stock along with the garlic, butter, oregano, onion powder, Old Bay and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, the reduce heat and let simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. This will allow the flavors to develop.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce pan, then turn off the heat and let the shrimp cook for 5-7 minutes.