|2 cups boneless, skinless cod, minced|
|2 cups small, cooked shrimp, minced|
|1/2 cup clams, minced|
|1 shallot, minced|
|1/2 tsp chopped saffron, infused in 1 tbs of hot water for 10 minutes|
|3 tbs panko bread crumbs|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|canola or peanut oil for deep frying|
|4 ciabatta rolls|
|sliced red, yellow or orange bell pepper|
|for the lemon aioli|
|4 tbs mayonnaise|
|1 large clove garlic, minced or pressed|
|zest of 1 lemon|
|4 tsp lemon juice|
This is an irresistibly delicious burger, made with cod, shrimp and clams, dressed with and easy to make lemon aioli.
- Place the seafood in a bowl along with the infused saffron and the bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator covered for at least 1 hour.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties, more round than flat.
- Place the ingredients for the aioli in a bowl, mix well, then cover and refrigerate.
- Fill a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil, then heat to 360 degrees.
- When the oil is hot fry 2 patties at a time until golden, about 7- 10 minutes.
- Remove patties and drain on a wire rack or paper towels. We prefer a wire rack as it keeps the patties very crispy.
- Cut the ciabatta rolls lengthwise and toast the rolls slightly.
- To serve place the seafood patties on the roll dressed with some aioli, lettuce, tomato and a pepper ring.