Chipolte Marmalade Grilled Pork Tenderloin
|2 pork tenderloins, about 1 lb each|
|1 cup orange marmalade|
|3 canned chipoltes with adobo|
|2 tbs sesame oil|
|2 tbs sesame seeds|
|2 cups fruit wood chips, soaked in water for 45 minutes|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This pork tenderloin is marinated in this sweet and smoky glaze, then cook over hot charcoal.
- In a food processor add the marmalade, chipoltes and sesame oil and process until smooth.
- Season the pork tenderloins all over with salt and pepper, then add to a shallow glass dish and pour the marinade over.
- Marinate at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- In a small saute pan toast the sesame seeds for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Start a charcoal fire. When the coals are ashy and white sprinkle the wood chips over, and place the tenderloins on the grill.
- Cover and grill for about 20-25 minutes, turning several times until cooked through.
- Each time you turn the tenderloins, brush with remaining glaze.
- To serve sprinkle with sesame seeds, then slice the tenderloins thinly across the grain.