Marinated Spanish Olives
- 1 lb large olives with pimento (alternatively you my use large green olives with pits) drained and rinsed well.
- 2 lemon wedges 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 6-8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- dash of kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or ground cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- a large mason jar
These olives are a staple of Spanish tapas bars. The longer they marinate, the better.
- Rinse and drain the olives, then add to a large mason jar.
- Add all of the other ingredients and enough water to cover the olives.
- Cover and shake the jar well, then place in the refrigerator for several weeks before using, however the longer they marinate the better.
- The olives will keep for months refrigerated.