- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 25 thinly sliced cucumber slices
- dash of kosher salt
This is super simple method to pickle cucumbers as well as other raw vegetables.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cucumbers in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Let cook for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and let cool.
- Add the cucumbers to a glass jar and pour the pickling mixture over.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then serve as a side appetizer with meat, fish or poultry.