Asian Ginger Beef
|1 1/2 cups cooked rice|
|1/2 lb beef flank steak|
|2 tbs sugar|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1/4 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup julienne cut carrots|
|2 tbs oil|
|3 tbs sliced peeled fresh ginger|
|2 tsp cornstarch|
|1/2 cup water|
- Cut beef steak in half lengthwise, then slice each half crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, sherry, soy sauce, 1/4 tsp grated ginger and garlic, blend well.
- Add beef and stir to coat.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place carrots in a small sauce pan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender crisp.
- In a large skillet or wok, combine oil and 3 tbs sliced fresh ginger.
- Cook over medium high heat for 4 minutes or until lightly browned, then remove ginger from the pan.
- Drain beef and reserve the marinade.
- Add beef to hot oil in skillet, then stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the beef is browned.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved soy sauce mixture, cornstarch and water, blend well.
- Add the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add carrots and cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice.