Asian Marinated Beef Skewers
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 1 lb)
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- lettuce leaves for serving
- 18 (6 inch) wooden skewers
- Cut beef crosswise into 1/8 inch slices, then place in a large resealable food storage bag.
- Combine the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and garlic in a small bowl, then pour over steak.
- Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Soak 18 (6 inch) wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler, drain steak and discard marinade.
- Weave beef accordion fashion onto the skewers, then place on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 4 minutes, then turn skewers and broil for another 4 minutes or until beef is barely pink in the center.
- Garnish each skewer with one cherry tomato and place on a lettuce lined platter to serve.