Asian Szechuan Peppercorn Rub
- 2 tbs szechuan
- 2 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 tsp allspice berries
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Heat a cast iron skillet using medium-high heat. Add the peppercorns, allspice and coriander seeds and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Add spices to a spice grinder and grind to a coarse powder, or grind using a mortar and pestle. The spice grinder works best.
- Rub the mixture into your meat of choice, wrap in plastic wrap and allow to marinate refrigerated for 2 hours.
- Note that the szechuan peppercorns have a numbing effect and a quite interesting flavor.
- You may also may experiment adding additional spices to the mix.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.