Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 lb ground turkey|
|1 tbs minced garlic|
|1 1/2 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|3/4 cup onions, minced|
|1 tsp sriracha|
|2 tbs honey|
|1/4 cup hoisin sauce|
|2 1/2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs seasoned rice vinegar|
|1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped|
|1/3 thinly sliced green onions|
|8 lettuce leaves|
|kosher salt to taste|
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add turkey, garlic, ginger and onions. Cook until lightly browned, then drain.
- Stir in Sriracha,, honey, hoisin, soy and rice vinegar.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until filling is soupy.
- Fold in water chestnuts and green onions.
- Arrange 2 lettuce cuts on each plate and divide the filling into each lettuce cup.
- Garnish with fried rice noodles if desired.