- 1 lb skin on pork belly
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
These cracklings have no relationship to the pork rinds that you find at many convenience stores. These have crispy skin as well as flavorful meat.
- Cut the pork belly into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes.
- Heat oil to 220 degrees and fry the pork belly for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pork belly and drain on paper towels.
- Reheat the oil to 400 degrees and re-fry the pork belly for 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Toss the cooked pork belly with the spice mixture and serve.