Avocado Roasted Corn and Shrimp Salad
- 6 ears corn, husked
- 3 tbs extra virgin oil, divided
- 1 medium tomato, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, sliced into strips
- 3-5 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 lb ready to eat large shrimp
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat grill to medium hot.
- Using 1 tbs oil and lightly oil all ears.about 10-12 minutes.
- Grill corn, turning frequently, until corn is charred and heated through.
- Remove from grill and when cool, slice kernels from the cob and transfer into a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining oil, tomatoes, basil and lime juice.
- Add shrimp and avocado cubes. Toss gently, ensuring avocado cubes stay intact.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding more lime juice if desired.