- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 1/4 cups lemon juice
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Chopped Parsley for garnish
- Bake eggplants on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until very soft.
- Peel them, place them in a bowl, then smash the meat.
- In a food processor, combine the mashed eggplant, tahani along with the lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Add the mixture to a serving dish, then drizzle with some olive oil and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with wedges of pita bread.