Bacon and Herb Clams
|4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, drippings reserved|
|3 tbs onion, chopped|
|3 tbs green pepper, chopped|
|3 tbs red pepper, chopped|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tsp dried thyme|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|1 tsp garlic salt|
|2 sticks unsalted butter, softened|
|16 cherry stone of quahog clams on the half shell|
|1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs|
- In a medium pan, saute the bacon until almost crispy, then combine one tablespoon reserved bacon drippings with onions, peppers Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Using medium heat, saute the vegetables until they are tender. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Using a food processor pulse the softened butter into the vegetable mixture.
- Open the clams, then top each clam with some of the vegetable mixture, bread crumbs and crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until bubbly.