Bacon and Herb Clams
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, drippings reserved
- 3 tbs onion, chopped
- 3 tbs green pepper, chopped
- 3 tbs red pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 16 cherry stone of quahog clams on the half shell
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- In a medium pan, saute the bacon until almost crispy, then combine one tablespoon reserved bacon drippings with onions, peppers Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Using medium heat, saute the vegetables until they are tender. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Using a food processor pulse the softened butter into the vegetable mixture.
- Open the clams, then top each clam with some of the vegetable mixture, bread crumbs and crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until bubbly.