Bacon Wrapped Scallops
|1/2 cup ap flour|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp white pepper|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 cup milk|
|21 sea scallops|
|1-2 cups bread crumbs|
|7 bacon slices, cut into thirds|
- Combine flour, salt, paprika, white pepper and garlic powder in a shallow dish.
- Beat egg and milk together in small bowl.
- Roll scallops in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip scallops in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry the bacon in a medium heat pan for about 3 minutes per side, making sure it is still pliable.
- Allow bacon to cool slightly then wrap each scallop with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place scallops on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and scallops are opaque about 15 minutes.
- Serve with sauce of choice. Remolade sauce works well.