Baked Cod Fish
|4 (1/4 lb) thick cod fillets|
|1 stick unsalted butter, melted, divided|
|1 cup fresh bread crumbs|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, for garnish|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges|
This is a super simple but absolutely delicious recipe. We suggest that you serve it over rice or creamy mashed potatoes. Whichever you decide to use, prepare the rice or mashed potatoes in advance. Classically this dish is served with baked tomato slices. Baked tomatoes are very easy to prepare. Just placed sliced tomatoes, about 1 inch thick on a greased foil covered baking sheet, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare enough rice or potatoes to serve four.
- To make the fresh bread crumbs, take 4-5 slices of white bread, crusts removed and place them in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix the bread crumbs with 3/4 stick of melted butter.
- Season each fillet moderately all over with salt and pepper.
- Pour remaining 1/4 stick of butter in a glass baking dish then add the fish fillets.
- Top each fillet evenly with the bread crumb butter mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Divide the rice or potatoes evenly on 4 plates, then place each fillet over, garnish with fresh parsley and a lemon slice.