Baked Sole Stuffed With Crabmeat
|4 sole filets, 1/4 lb each|
|1 cup white wine|
|kosher salt and 8 black peppercorns|
|1 lb lump crabmeat|
|1 leek, sliced|
|8 asparagus, trimmed|
|1 stick butter|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 tbs flour|
- Heat 3 cups water, the white wine, leeks, salt, and peppercorns in a poaching pan or large skillet and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add the fish filets and poach for 5 minutes.
- Remove the filets and drain reserving liquid.
- Place the filets in a single layer in a large oiled baking dish.
- Arrange crab meat and asparagus on top of the fish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add flour.
- Stir and make sauce using 1/2–1 cup of the poaching liquid.
- Sauce should be of coating consistency.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and beat in the egg yolk.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, dot with butter and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: You may substitute flounder for this recipe.