Baked Sole Stuffed With Crabmeat
- 4 sole filets, 1/4 lb each
- 1 cup white wine
- kosher salt and 8 black peppercorns
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 leek, sliced
- 8 asparagus, trimmed
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs flour
- Heat 3 cups water, the white wine, leeks, salt, and peppercorns in a poaching pan or large skillet and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add the fish filets and poach for 5 minutes.
- Remove the filets and drain reserving liquid.
- Place the filets in a single layer in a large oiled baking dish.
- Arrange crab meat and asparagus on top of the fish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add flour.
- Stir and make sauce using 1/2–1 cup of the poaching liquid.
- Sauce should be of coating consistency.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and beat in the egg yolk.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, dot with butter and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: You may substitute flounder for this recipe.