Banana Ice Cream
|3/4 cup sugar|
|3 large eggs, beaten|
|2 tsp cornstarch, sifted|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/4 cup banana liqueur|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 cup half and half|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream|
|4 large ripe bananas|
- Combine sugar and eggs in a small bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Slowly add cornstarch, vanilla extract and salt, combine well and set aside.
- Heat half and half and heavy cream in a medium saucepan over moderate heat, bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and whisk in egg mixture. Stir constantly until mixture thickens, then remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer into a bowl.
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl and fold into the custard mixture, then allow to cool to room temperature. About 45 minutes.
- Stir in banana liqueur and pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufactures directions.