Banana Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp cornstarch, sifted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 large ripe bananas
- Combine sugar and eggs in a small bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Slowly add cornstarch, vanilla extract and salt, combine well and set aside.
- Heat half and half and heavy cream in a medium saucepan over moderate heat, bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and whisk in egg mixture. Stir constantly until mixture thickens, then remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer into a bowl.
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl and fold into the custard mixture, then allow to cool to room temperature. About 45 minutes.
- Stir in banana liqueur and pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufactures directions.