Barbecued Short Ribs
- 3 lbs short ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a shallow baking pan, bake ribs uncovered for 20 minutes, then drain excess fat,
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Bake uncovered for 1 1/4 hours to 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Brush sauce on ribs occasionally and serve ribs with sauce on the side.