Barbecued Stuffed Shrimp
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs onion, chopped|
|2 tbs celery, chopped|
|2 tbs green pepper, chopped|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/4 cup bread crumbs|
|1 cup lump crab meat|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 dozen large shrimp|
|1 cup barbecue sauce|
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute the onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and milk, stirring constantly until thick.
- Add bread crumbs, crab meat, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt and pepper, then mix well.
- Shell and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- Slit the back of the shrimp. Put two shrimp together and add the crab stuffing. Hold together with tooth picks,
- Chill until ready to cook.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat and baste occasionally with your favorite barbecue sauce until shrimp are done. About 5 minutes on each side.